Monday, October 02, 2006

Still broke

Happy Belated Birthday to De Hua.

Boring couple of days, nothing to post about, but since here I am awake in the middle of the friggin night for no reason again, figured might as well pass time by doing one now.

Collected my specs on Saturday, you know, my favourite ones that got smashed, and a couple my dad said to make in preparation of me leaving(specs are pretty expensive there). But the cockanathan lab techs screwed up the left lens on one of them, so I'll have to rush down to Queensway one of these days after driving to collect it.

Meifang invited me to go out with her and Syah Saturday (I took it that she meant clubbing as it was pretty late), but I guess she doesn't read this blog much because I'm still pretty much broke. My bank account was real close, within the breadth of a chihuahua's butt hair close, of running dry, if not for the paycheck I received for working at Comex. Just a hundred, plus change, but I guess it'll be enough to tide me over this month. Would've more if I worked harder, but I spent COMEX bioing Toshiba Girl instead of selling. Now I have an emptier bank account and a headful of TiVoed images and video(in HD!) I can't get rid of. Har har. Serves me right.

Have you ever experienced the booger that wouldn't leave? You know the type you dig in public, not really dry yet with a small glob of snot still at one corner, and lacking a Kleenex or a rubbish bin, surreptitiously try to flick to some corner for the poor cleaners to sweep up? But no matter how hard you flick your fingers or whole hand, it just won't obey your edict of banishment and fly to some corner to live a hermit's life? And when you thought you'd gotten rid of it and continued on you way and when you got home, you discovered why people had been giving you all those funny looks: the booger had clung on for dear life on some loose thread on your sleeve, and, now a little older and drier, was swinging in merry defiance of your quest to be rid of it? That's... kind of a metaphor of I'm experiencing now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home