Sunday, August 06, 2006

The melancholy sunder begins.

This is the last day that A2 will be a whole platoon. Heh. It's funny how I've waited for this day for more than two years, yet when it's just around the corner, I want it to last just a little longer.



Tomorrow, the disbandment commences of the best platoon there ever was, and there ever will be. We are the the winners of the hattrick of hattricks. Every long training night, every shack out deployment, every 'stunt', every punishment, every shitty job we've had to go through, it was all worth it. It was my honor, my privilege, to be able to serve with you guys.



I wanted to write a longer tribute, but as it is I'm so choked up that I think if I continue it'll all be gibberish, so I'll just leave it at that.

I'll miss you guys. All of y'all. Huat ah!

And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England, now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
- William Shakespeare
Henry V,4. 3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home